1-Day Yosemite and Giant Sequoias Tour from San FranciscoSF-T-559
- Reward Points
- Departure: San Francisco
- Leave: San Francisco
- Duration: 1 Day(s)
Dates & Prices
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local guide
- All entrance fees included
- Likely to Sell Out
|Day 1||Yosemite National Park and Giant Sequoias Trip||Yosemite National Park / Yosemite Waterfall / San Francisco|
Yosemite National Park and Giant Sequoias Trip
Please see detailed pickup and starting point information
Yosemite National Park
Your journey begins with a convenient pickup at your hotel. You'll cross the San Francisco Bay Bridge en route to the Sierra Nevada mountain range, driving through gold rush towns as your guide carries you back to the era of the old West.
In the late morning, enter Yosemite National Park where you'll take a guided walk. Visit the Tuolumne Grove (weather permitting) and be amazed by the size of the redwood trees in Yosemite's largest grove. Let the serene surroundings of the forest recharge your energy. Stop at the “Fallen Monarch” and "Grizzly Giant" and walk through the “California Tunnel Tree” to get a close-up look at Mother Nature's wonders.
Continue your journey through Yosemite with a stop at Inspiration Point for a bird’s-eye view of the whole valley. Gaze up at the massive granite formations of Half Dome and El Capitan, watch for rock climbers as they daringly make their way to the summit. In the springtime, marvel at the tallest waterfall in the park, Yosemite Falls.
After, you may explore Yosemite Valley on your own. For lunch, enjoy a picnic next to the Merced River or visit one of the restaurants at Yosemite Lodge (own expense). With an additional 1 – 1.5 hours of free time to spend, you can engage in a variety of activities available within the park. Hike to one of Yosemite's waterfalls and perhaps spot a black bear; rent bikes for a leisurely cycle on the flat bike paths throughout the valley; cool off in lovely river pools in summer; or simply relax at the Valley Visitor Center or peruse the Ansel Adams Gallery — sure to inspire any amateur photographer.
When it's time to head back to San Francisco, sit back and enjoy the scenic ride through the Sierra Nevada and into the sunset.
Please note: The weather in Yosemite is highly variable and includes rain and snow in winter and high temperatures in summer. The itinerary may be adapted to make the most of Yosemite during different seasons and times of the year.
The Giant Sequoias are best visited between May and October. During the rest of the year, snow and ice conditions may prevent access to roads and trails. In this event, other activities may be substituted in its place.
Duration: 14 hours (approx.) / Return to the original destination
Departure & Return
|Tour departs from Union Square, Fisherman's Wharf, South of Market, Financial District, Chinatown, Marina hotels||06:00-07:00||We will meet the tourists at the hotel before the departure time. Please call the local tour carrier in advance to find out the exact pick-up time|
|If the hotel transfer list does not include the hotel you are staying in, please select and go to Parc 55 at the time of booking||Parc 55, San Francisco|
Includes & Excludes
- Expert guide and commentary
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (most hotels in downtown San Francisco/Fisherman's Wharf area, but do not pick up outside SF city limits)
- Yosemite National Park entrance fee
- Gratuities (optional)
- Child safety seat for children under 8 years old or 4' 9" (1.4 meters) required
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Optional activity prices in the excluded list is for reference only.
- California law requires tour guests to bring a car safety seat for all children under 8 years and under 4' 9" (1.4 meters) in height
- As tour sizes vary, transportation is in either a 15-passenger minivan or a 36-passenger coach
- Tour makes stops at approximately 9:30am for breakfast, 1pm for lunch and on the trip back for dinner. Meals are not included
- Audio headsets available in Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, French, German, Korean, Mandarin and Japanese. Specify language at time of booking under special requirements. Please bring USD20.00 deposit on the day of the tour. This will be refunded at the end
- Access to the Sequoia Grove can be difficult during winter months, generally October through April, and other activities may be substituted at the discretion of the guide
- During winter months, temperatures in Yosemite can vary drastically to the ones in San Francisco. Therefore, it is recommend to wear winter clothes, especially shoes or boots with rubber soles and treads
- For hotel pickups, please select the Parc 55 if your hotel is not listed
- The Giant Sequoias Grove is located at a higher elevation and the hike is dependent on trail conditions, especially from October through May. Ice and snow might make the trail unsafe to hike. The decision of whether it is safe to go on the hike will be made on a day by day basis. Therefore, a visit cannot be guaranteed. However, while the trail might be closed, guests get to spend more time in Yosemite Valley. There you can see all the other great sights Yosemite has to offer, including El Capitan, Inspiration Point, Half Dome, Yosemite Falls and more
- This tour is operated by local travel company in English, may cancel due to weather, couldn't reach the minimum number etc, even after receiving voucher, in that case customer can get full refund or reschedule
- For tours including hotel pick up will need guests to reconfirm with local operator, if not the booking may be canceled.If customers didn't make reconfirm with local operator, cause the booking being canceled，wannar hold no responsibility
Once the booking is confirmed, an absence or failure to show up on the scheduled date is NO SHOW. No show is non-refundable.
|30 or more days prior to tour departure date||Refund 90% payment|
|15 - 29 days prior to tour departure date||Refund 70% payment|
|8 - 14 days prior to tour departure date||Refund 50% payment|
|7 days prior to tour departure date||Non-refundable|
- Lowest online price
- 48hr price protection
- Extra award credits
- Secure transaction