American Museum of Natural History Entrance (Super Saver Package available)NY-T-316
GENERAL ADMISSION TICKET
Dates & Prices
- Awe and marvel at one of is one of the largest and most renowned museums in the world, The American Museum of Natural History. Both educational and entertaining, this celebrated New York institution is perfect for adults and children alike. From dinosaur bones to far-off galaxies, spend a day and explore the world, past and present. Add this popular Manhattan attraction to your New York itinerary for a day of wonderment you won't soon forget.
- Voted the Number One Family Attraction in New York City and Third Most Popular destination in the USA by Zagat Survey Family Travel Guide!
- Located in the heart of Manhattan, set across from beautiful Central Park, American Museum of Natural History is one of the world's greatest scientific and cultural institutions housed in one of the most architecturally magnificent buildings. Founded in 1869, the museum has grown significantly over the years, now comprising a staggering 25 interconnected buildings with more than 1.2 million square feet (111483 square meters) of exhibits, research facilities and libraries. It's an exciting merging of the past and the future, and a delight for the curious of all ages.
- Delight in a multitude of permanent exhibits as well as the impressive Rose Center for Earth and Space. Discover the preeminent museum that continues to fascinate and enrich millions of visitors each year. Recently renovated, visitors can now experience the grandeur of its historic 77th Street lobby with its original 1904 design celebrating the return and revitalization of the century-old Museum icon of the past, the 63-foot-long (19.2 meter) Great Canoe.
- Kids will love the many inspirational displays featured in the film Night at the Museum including the the iconic Tyrannosaurus Rex skeleton on display in the Hall of Saurischian Dinosaurs and the Easter Island head in the Margaret Mead Hall of Pacific Peoples. Discover people the world with the vivid displays of the Cultural Halls examining the cultures of Asia, Africa, North and South America, and the Pacific. Explore the evolutionary story of the human family in the Hall of Human Origins. Dozens of exhibits from mammals, birds, natural history, biodiversity to dioramas and more await!
- Don't forget the Rose Center for Earth and Space, a grand glass cube enclosing the equally impressive sphere housing the Big Bang Theater and the Hayden Planetarium. Watch the four-minute Big Bang presentation, walk along the Cosmic Pathway, and explore our closest planetary wonder--planet Earth! Upgrade to the Super Saver Package for access to the Hayden Planetarium and more amazing exhibitions.
- See below for a sample of permanent exhibits and Special Exhibits:
Sample of the Permanent Halls (included for all visitors):
Akeley Hall of African Mammals
Since its opening in 1936, the hall has been considered one of the world's great museum displays with 28 dioramas in this hall depicting some of the many animals and habitats of Africa. All the animals have been reconstructed with such scientific accuracy and detail that they appear astoundingly lifelike. It was named after Carl Akeley (1864-1926), the explorer, conservationist, taxidermist, sculptor, and photographer who conceived of, designed, and collected for this hall.
Guggenheim Hall of Minerals, and Morgan Memorial Hall of Gems
These halls contain exquisite treasures systematically arranged according to their physical properties to showcase an extraordinary range of size, color and shape. A highlight is the 563-carat Star of India, the largest and most famous sapphire in the world as well as the Patricia Emerald, a 632-carat specimen that is one of the very few large, gem-quality emeralds that have been preserved uncut.
Spitzer Hall of Human Origins
Opened in 2007, it is the first major exhibition to present, side by side, the mutually reinforcing evidence of the fossil record and cutting-edge DNA research. The hall covers millions of years of human history, from the emergence of our earliest ancestors through the evolution of our own species. It presents a fascinating mix of fossils, film, interactive media, life-size tableaux, ancient artifacts, and more.
Milstein Hall of Ocean Life
Newly renovated, the hall is now a 29,000 square-foot (2,694 square meters) fully immersive marine environment with high definition video projections, interactive computer stations, and eight new ocean habitat displays. Be dwarfed by the celebrated 94-foot (28.6 m) blue whale, one of the Museum's star attractions, floats in a "virtual ocean" created through dramatic lighting, video and sound effects. The Andros Coral Reef, a two level diorama containing 40 tons (36 metric tonnes) of coral, allows a unique view of this ecosystem above and below the water.
The newest and largest dinosaur in the permanent collection. The latest must-see exhibit at the Museum: The largest dinosaur ever discovered, a cast of a 122-foot-long titanosaur.
- Special Exhibitions and Attractions Included with the Supersaver Ticket:
- New Exhibitions 2016―2017:
The Butterfly Conservatory: Butterflies Alive in Winter - on view December 10, 2016―May 29, 2017
This seasonal exhibit is a must-see at the museum, as you escape the winter chill to walk through a tropical oasis filled with colorful butterflies.
MUMMIES: on view March 20, 2017—January 7, 2018
See 19 Rarely Seen Mummies in this exhibition. Mummies offers an up-close look at one of the largest collections of mummies housed in North America. From ancient Egypt to pre-Columbian Peru, the exhibition explores the intersection between societies, their environment, and the preparations they made for their dead.
Cuba! on view through August 13, 2017
This exhibition showcases Cuba’s rich biodiversity, as well as the island’s culture and life—including art, music, spiritual traditions, celebrations, food, and farming. A long, open boulevard evoking the street life one might find in a Cuban city will invite visitors to stroll, sit, and discover Cuban culture through music, dance performances, and a variety of interactive experiences.
Space Show: Dark Universe in the Hayden Planetarium - ongoing
Celebrate the pivotal discoveries that have led us to greater knowledge of the structure and history of the universe and our place in it—and to new frontiers for exploration.
New Films 2016―2017:
Giant-Screen Films Digital 3d and 2d -
March 3, 2017―September 14, 2017
- Narrated by Ewan McGregor, Humpback Whales is an extraordinary journey into the mysterious world of one of nature’s most awe-inspiring marine mammals. Set in the spectacular waters of Alaska, Hawaii and Tonga, this ocean adventure offers audiences an up-close look at how these whales communicate, sing, feed, play and take care of their young.
American Museum of Natural History
GENERAL ADMISSION TICKET
General admission ticket+special exhibitions/IMAX films/the Hayden Planetarium SpaceOnly one could be selected among special exhibitions, IMAX films, and the Hayden Planetarium Space
SUPER SAVER TICKETGeneral admission+all exhibitions
Departure & Return
|The American Museum of Natural History||10:00-17:45||Central Park West at 79th Street, New York, NY 10024-5192|
- Duration: Flexible
- The ticket is only valid at the exchange day
- Entrance should be exchanged at the ticket office with your printed voucher.
Includes & Excludes
- General admission
- Access to permanent exhibits
- Access to the Rose Center for Earth and Space
- Hayden Planterium Show (with Super Saver option only)
- IMAX film (with Super Saver option only)
- Special Exhibits (with Super Saver option only)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
The above out-of-pocket project price is for reference only. Admission prices in Optional Activities section may not be up-to-date, and the price is subject to your guide.
- Space shows are every 30 minutes from 10:30am to 4:30pm daily
- Visit The American Museum of Natural History before noon on weekends to avoid the crowds
- Booking cannot be refunded or modified once confirmed.
How to Book
Reserve and Pay OnlineImmediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
Low Price Guarantee
Wannar offers phenomenal rates on all activities, tours, and vacation packages. In fact, within 48 hours of booking, if you find a lower online rate for an identical booking, we’ll pay you the difference. The lower rate must be available to the general public and in the same currency as your original reservation.
Within 72 hours of booking, if you find Wannar lowers the price of the same tour you booked, we'll refund the price difference with equal value credits. Those credits can be applied in your next purchase.
Reservation ProcessingThough in most cases, Wannar confirms your reservation quickly, it may take at most 3 days to fully arrange the trip.
Once confirmed, we will send you E-voucher via email. Please double check and make sure the booking information in the E-voucher is correct.
In case the booking cannot be confirmed subject to availability of seats, Wannar will contact you to reschedule or cancel without charge. In case the tour price varies after booking, Wannar will inform the price difference and you can choose to compensate the price difference or cancel the booking.
If you need to arrange or book other related trips, for example arrival/departure flights, ferry, bus transportation, and etc., please do this after the current booking is fully confirmed.
No part or full refund / compensation would be offered for reservations made before the tour is fully confirmed.
Enjoy Your TripWannar cooperates with top local tour operators and ensures the best quality of services to all travelers.
We recommend all our passengers to avail travel insurance to protect themselves against personal, natural, or manmade exigencies of all kind (including medical & family emergencies, accidents, flight delays, traffic delays, theft or loss of personal property & life, acts of terrorism, natural calamities etc.) that may affect you from participating in our tours or arise while on tour.
We do not recommend baby under two years old, people over seventy years old, pregnant woman, people in a low state of health to participate the tour. Our tour guide are not trained or licensed to work in specific scenarios and you need to independently bear risks and obligations on your own. Please take care of your personal belongings during the tour. Wannar assumes no responsibility for any loss or damages of your personal belongings.
Print Your E-voucher
Once E-voucher is received, please double check and ensure that the booking information is correct. You need to print out the voucher or show the E-voucher to tour guide when participating the tour.
In case of any possible delays, please contact tour operator or Wannar immediately. We will cooperate with different parties to catch you up with the tour. You may need to pay the transportation expense to the next meet point. No part or full refund/compensation will be offered for unnoticed delays or no show.
Toll Free Number
Anytime, we are here, right for youLive Chat
- Lowest online price
- 48 hr price protection
- You paid what you see
- Secure transaction